- Construction equipment
- Heavy storage and shelving
- Compact filing systems
- Security vaults
- Change of use and occupancy
- Roof top equipment
- Industrial equipment installation
Project Case Studies
In September 2013, the Rideau Shopping Centre, located in downtown Ottawa, began a major $360 million expansion and revitalisation project. Throughout the project, Cleland Jardine Engineering Ltd was retained by the General Contracts to perform many miscellaneous structural load assessments. Some of these tasks included:
- Structural capacity review and the certification of the terrace level roof structure for the general contractor’s temporary office facility.
- Structural capacity review of the sidewalk on the Mackenzie King bridge to certify the use of a large crane.
- Structural capacity review of the Rideau Centre roof structure along a designated path which would act as a temporary transportation zone for multiple concrete buggies.
- Design of a temporary structural steel work platform suspended from the east pedestrian bridge spanning over Rideau Street.
Cleland Jardine Engineering Ltd was retained to provide structural engineering services for the installation of four (4) replacement cooling towers on the existing roof weighing 125,000 lbs. Services including preparing details to reinforce the existing building columns and designing a new support structure on the roof.
In many office renovation and fit-up projects, the client requests a structural capacity review of their floor structure at the location of a new or relocated high density file storage system. Cleland Jardine Engineering Ltd has recently completed these floor capacity assessments as part of the MPAC Ottawa Office fit-up, the Alterna Savings renovation, and the CD Howe 6 West renovation. Our services for these reviews included an onsite investigation of the existing structure at the location of the proposed unit, a review of all available information on the size and weight of the proposed high density storage unit, an analysis of the floor structure capacity, and a letter of review summarizing our observations and recommendations.