Cleland Jardine Engineering Limited is searching for experienced Structural Design Engineers to join our ever growing and dynamic team of professionals in our Ottawa, Ontario based office. The position will provide the opportunity to work on a variety of challenging structural engineering projects in the provinces of Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Newfoundland. Projects will include greenfield & existing building sites, private & public, as well as, building investigations & studies.
- Complete the preliminary and detailed design of building construction projects in the areas of hospitals, laboratories, commercial, residential, mission-critical, condominium, retirement, and office occupancies.
- Undertake the development of detailed engineering contract drawings and specifications for the various projects with the assistance of highly experienced CAD and administrative support staff.
- Perform detailed design calculations for a variety of construction materials including concrete, steel, masonry, wood, and light-gage metal. Utilize state of the art engineering programs in the design and analysis process including: ETABS, SCONC, STAAD-Pro, SAFE, spSLAB, and Woodworks.
- Prepare reports and perform investigations (for both studies and pre-design surveys).
- Perform detailed seismic/gravity and building condition assessments of existing buildings, including the development of upgrading and renovation recommendations, reports, details, and construction documentation.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- University Degree in Civil Engineering with a specialization in the field of Structural Engineering.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario.
- 7-10 years of experience in the area of building structural design in a Consulting Industry
- Strong Organizational skills and proficiency in both oral and written communication in English. French is considered an asset.
- Self Starter. Able to work with minimal direction, but, more importantly able to work in a TEAM DESIGN atmosphere.
- Proficient in engineering programs including: ETABS, SCONC, STAAD-Pro, SAFE, spSLAB, and Woodworks
- Knowledge of AutoCAD. REVIT is considered an asset.
- Extensive experience utilizing and engineering with: Ontario Building Code, Concrete/Steel/Wood/Masonry Design Codes & Standards, and National Building Code.
- Individual must be able to obtain security clearances from Canadian Government departments(i.e. PWGSC, etc.). Clearances would be obtained by CJE on behalf of successful applicant. Individuals who cannot be cleared will not be considered for the position.
We are looking for motivated and innovative people who enjoy the challenges of working on fast paced and dynamic design and construction projects.
Cleland Jardine Engineering Limited offers a competitive compensation and benefits package in a friendly, co-operative TEAM environment.